Thinking about making one of the recipes you see at Hippie Stoners and wondering how potent they are? Keep reading to learn more about how we dose our recipes, and why that amount might change when you make it on your own.
Key Takeaways – POTENCY AND DOSING GUIDELINES
- Potency of cannabis edibles depends on various factors 🌿
- Quality of marijuana used 🌱
- How well base recipe staples are made (CannaButter, Canna Oil, CannaHoney) 🍯
- Individual tolerance to cannabis 🚶♀️🚶♂️
- THC content of cannabis ranges from 3% to 30% 📊
- Hippie Stoners assumes 10% THC for all recipes 🍽️
- 10 mg of THC per serving is a good starting point ✅
- Adjust serving size according to individual needs 🔍
- Hippie Stoners‘ recipes have 10-14 mg of THC per serving 🥄
- Exceptions are noted within the recipe card 📝
- Start low and go slow with dosing ⏱️
- Wait 30-60 minutes for effects to kick in 🕒
- Be cautious with servings to avoid overdoing it 🚦
HOW DOSING WORKS WITH CANNABIS EDIBLES
Here’s the bottom line. There is a lot that can factor into the potency of cannabis edibles.
- The quality of your marijuana.
- How well you followed the instructions to make your base recipe staples (CannaButter, Canna Oil and CannaHoney),
- And even your own tolerance to cannabis.
While some people may feel a perfect daytime high after ingesting 10 mg of THC, others may feel nothing even after eating 80 mg of THC. It all depends on how your body responds to marijuana.
Combine everyone’s individual needs with the fact that the quality of cannabis you’re able to purchase could be anywhere from 3% THC to 30% THC (although you’ll should to be purchasing your weed at a dispensary to get a level as high as 30%), and you now see how dosing your edibles can become tricky.
HOW WE DOSE OUR RECIPES AT Hippie Stoners
For every cannabis edible recipe you find on this site, we are making an assumption that the marijuana you’re using contains 10% THC (this number is based on the national average).
We also have found that 10 milligrams of THC per serving is usually a good starting point. Those that need less can cut their portion in half. Those that need more can double, triple or quadruple their serving size as needed.
For every recipe at Hippie Stoners, we’ve calculated it to be 10 – 14 milligrams of THC per serving.
If the recipe falls out of that range it will be noted within the recipe card.
START LOW AND GO SLOW
I’m sure you’ve heard this countless times when it comes to ingesting marijuana, but it’s worth repeating.
Start at a low dose and wait before eating an additional serving.
It can be easy to overdo it when you’re eating a delicious bowl of Cannabis Chicken Chili and desperately want seconds.
We recommend that you start with one serving (or half of a serving). It can take 30 – 60 minutes for the high to kick in with edibles, so even if you don’t feel anything for the first 30 minutes, wait for an hour before having another serving.