Welcome to the ultimate guide to shotgunning weed! We’re here to give you all the details on what shotgunning is, how to do it, and some tips and tricks to get the most out of your experience.
What is Weed Shotgunning?
“Shotgunning” or “doing a shotgun” refers to the practice of one individual forcibly exhaling (blowing) smoke into the mouth (or, rarely, nose) of another.
Shotgunning” marijuana came from soldiers in Vietnam.
Troops would commonly use the barrel of an unloaded shotgun, stick a smoking bowl in the chamber, and blow into it. Soldiers would takes a hit of marijuana via smoking marijuana through the barrel, then passing the shotgun around.
To shotgun, one person takes a hit from a joint, blunt, or pipe, and then exhales the smoke into the mouth of another person. The the other person sucks the smoke, and the process continues back and forth.
The act of exhaling the smoke directly into another person’s mouth is what’s known as shotgunning.
How to Shotgun
Now that you know what shotgunning is, let’s talk about how to do it.
- Start by finding a partner to shotgun with. It’s important to trust the person you’re smoking with, as you’ll be exhaling smoke directly into their mouth.
- Take a hit from your joint, blunt, or pipe, and hold the smoke in your mouth.
- Lean in close to your partner, and exhale the smoke into their mouth. Make sure you’re not exhaling too forcefully, as you don’t want to overwhelm them.
- Once your partner has inhaled the smoke, they can then exhale it back into your mouth, and the process can continue back and forth.
While there are many different methods, we’ve narrowed it down to the top three for your enjoyment.
- Backward Joint or Blunt: This one is the OG of shotgunning. Flip your joint or blunt around so the lit end is in your mouth, and your partner takes a puff from the other end while you blow through it. Boom! All the smoke goes straight into their mouth.
- The Tunnel: For those who need a little breathing room, try the tunnel. Create a tunnel with your hands, and the person holding the smoke will blow it through their side while their partner inhales from the other end. A+ for creativity.
- Lips: If you’re feeling intimate, try the lips method. Take a regular hit and then press your lips against your partner’s to create a seal. Open your mouths, and exhale while your partner inhales. Just make sure you’re comfortable with each other before trying this one.
So get comfortable, and give shotgunning a try. Your lungs might hate you, but your high will love you.
Shotgunning Tips and Tricks
Now that you know the basics of shotgunning, here are some tips and tricks to take your experience to the next level:
- Choose the right strain: Shotgunning is best done with a strain that has a high THC content. This will give you the most intense high and make the experience even more enjoyable.
- Use a mouthpiece: If you’re concerned about the hygiene aspect of shotgunning, you can use a mouthpiece to protect yourself. Simply attach the mouthpiece to the end of the joint, and you’re good to go.
- Take it slow: Shotgunning can be intense, especially if you’re new to it. Take it slow and don’t overdo it, as you don’t want to end up feeling sick.
- Try different positions: Shotgunning doesn’t have to be done face to face. You can try different positions, like lying down or standing up, to mix things up and make the experience even more enjoyable.
How long will the shotgun stay in your system?
The truth is that one hit of weed from shotgunning won’t last any longer than a typical hit. While the second person may feel slightly less potent effects, most of the THC is absorbed by the first person who inhales it. So, shotgun away without worrying about the duration of the high.
Is shotgunning only for couples?
Now, we know what you’re thinking.
Shotgunning weed is a pretty intimate way to smoke with someone, and it’s true! This method is often reserved for couples who are already comfortable being up close and personal.
And if you’re looking to take your shotgunning experience to the next level, try pairing it with a strain that has aphrodisiac-like qualities. Not only can it enhance your libido and stamina, but it can also help relax those with anxiety-related issues.
So grab your favorite person, load up a joint, and get ready to take your smoking experience to new heights (both literally and figuratively).
The Bottom Line
Shotgunning is a fun and exciting way to enhance your smoking experience. Now that you know what it is, how to do it, and some tips and tricks to make it even better, it’s time to grab a partner and give it a try.
Just remember to take it slow, choose the right strain, and use a mouthpiece if you’re concerned about hygiene. And above all else, have fun and enjoy the experience!
Q&A Shotgunning Weed Smoke
Q: Did they smoke weed in the Vietnam War?
A: Yes, it was reported that many American GIs in Vietnam regularly smoked weed during the war. It grew wild in the area and was easily accessible, so many troops took advantage of it.
However, the practice was officially prohibited, and when media reports of it surfaced, the Army took more steps to crack down on it.
Q: Is shotgunning weed safe?
A: Shotgunning can be safe as long as you trust the person you’re smoking with and take it slow.
Q: How do I choose the right strain for shotgunning?
A: Look for a strain with a high THC content to get the most intense high.
Q: Can I use a mouthpiece for shotgunning?
A: Yes, a mouthpiece can protect you from any hygiene concerns.
Q: Can I shotgun in different positions?
A: Yes, try different positions like lying down or standing up to mix things up.
Q: What’s the most popular shotgunning method?
A: The backward joint or blunt is the most popular method of shotgunning weed.
Q: Can shotgunning be done with any smoking device?
A: Yes, the tunnel method can be performed with any type of smoking device.
Q: Can you shotgun with more than one person at a time?
A: While it might be technically possible, shotgunning is best enjoyed with just one partner. Plus, you don’t want to start a hotbox in your living room!
Q: How do you avoid coughing fits while shotgunning?
A: Taking smaller hits, using a mouthpiece, and taking it slow can all help to prevent coughing fits while shotgunning.
Q: Can you shotgun with someone you just met?
A: We wouldn’t recommend shotgunning with someone you just met, as it requires a certain level of trust and intimacy. Stick to smoking with friends and partners you
Q: Is shotgunning just for young people?
A: Shotgunning is for anyone who enjoys smoking weed and wants to enhance their smoking experience. Age is just a number, man.
Q: What does doing a shotgun mean?
A: Doing a shotgun refers to the practice of one individual forcibly exhaling (blowing) smoke into the mouth (or, rarely, nose) of another.