How to Make Stove Top CannabutterCourse: EDIBLE RECIPESCuisine: Cannabis, Cannabutter
Stove Top Cannabutter
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
¼ oz decrabalated cannabis
½ cup water (add more water at any time if needed)
- Add ½ cup of water and 2 sticks (½ lb) of butter in a saucepan and bring to a simmer on low to medium heat. Adding water helps to regulate the temperature and prevents the butter from scorching.
As butter begins to melt, add in ground weed.
- Maintain low heat and let the mixture simmer for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally. Make sure the mixture never comes to a full boil.
- Pour the hot mixture into a glass container, using a cheesecloth to strain out all ground weed from the butter mixture. Squeeze or press the plant material to get as much liquid out of the weed as possible. Discard leftover weed.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining liquid overnight or until the butter is fully hardened. Once hardened, the butter will separate from the water, allowing you to lift the cannabutter out of the container. Discard remaining water after removing the hardened cannabutter.
How to Make Stove Top Cannabutter VIDEO
- FORGOT TO PUT IN VIDEO: DURING THE THREE HOURS KEEP ADDING WATER! DON’T WORRY, ONCE YOU ARE DONE THE WATER WILL GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE FINISHED BOWL. JUST STOP ADDING WATER 40 MINUTES OR SO BEFORE THE EN
Large glass bowl
Strainer or sieve that fits in the glass bowl
Lidded glass jar (to store the finished Cannabutter)
Making cannabutter (cannabis infused butter) is real easy to do as you will see in this video. The hard part is getting the right strength of THC. For average users, 1.5 grams (20% strength) per stick of butter is typical.
For novice users, or those who prefer a mild reaction, use much less. How strong you make your cannabutter really depends on what you are going to do with it.
If you are new to this, please use less the first time. If you suck at math, please find online guides to make cannabutter at the correct strength and always make yourself a test cup of tea (make tea and drop what you think is a single serving of your newly made cannabutter into it and enjoy.)
Better to ruin your Sunday afternoon and a single cup of tea than an entire batch of brownies.
And don’t worry, even if you screw up the quantity of your cannabutter, you can always just USE LESS OF IT in your baking!
As long as you have your ballpark math right, you’ll be fine. If a recipe calls for 4 tablespoons of butter, you can always just add 1/4 tablespoon cannabutter and the rest normal butter!
For 1.5 grams of cannabis bud at 20% strength, you have (1.5x.2 =.3) .3 grams of THC, or 300mg. Since one stick of butter has 8 tablespoons, this means that for every tablespoon of cannabutter you would have (300/8=37.5) 37.5 mg of edible strength.
So at 37.5mg per tablespoon you could for example use 1 tablespoon and make 2 brownies at 18.75mg strength. Or you could make 10 brownies at 3.75mg strength or you could use 4 tablespoons in a brownie recipe (37.5×4=150mg) and make 5 brownies (150mg/5=30mg) of 30mg strength each.